Agenda for Meeting: 7.30, Thursday 18th October 2012

Held at The Stansted Airport Hilton Hotel

 

Present

Andy Barlow

Ap

Nick Hoyle

/

Russell Nutter

/

David Burt

/

Neil Liversedge

Ap

Chris Perry

/

Phil Churchman

 

Richard Malone

Ap

Rosemary Prince

/

Sarah Farmer

/

Sarah Mann

Ap

David Roberts

/

Janet Goody

Ap

Samantha Menear

Ap

Pritpal Sagoo

/

Barry Harness

/

Richard Munns

/

Henry Wanchoo

/

 

 

 

 

Nicola Wilkes

 

 

Minutes:               Minutes of 19th April were agreed as correct – no issues not in this agenda

 

Agenda

 

1.     Rosemary welcomed all, especially the new managers.  Everybody was asked introduce themselves and say their role.  All commented on the excellent buffet, especially the lovely cake!

 

2.     Correspondence

a)     West Herts 7th welcomed at a late stage into the South West Leagues.

b)     Upminster player CAN play for Uni on Wednesday, and club on Saturday

c)     Felixstowe 2 v Sudbury 3 – Red card issued, player not identified on the team sheet nor by the captain to the umpire.  Highlights the need for sheets to be handed to umpires BEFORE the game

d)     Photography – possibly handled heavy-handedly, but clubs must follow EH guidelines.

e)     Early start to season – Games WERE conceded especially in the lower leagues, but itÕs not possible to start lower teams at different dates to top teams as the fixtures model doesnÕt allow it.  BH suggested that we set a date permanently rather than work around Easter

f)      Next season – RM keen for League Managers to upload their results.  NH keen to trial teams putting them in themselves.  Agreed that NH should discuss with TW the ease and implications to the website with a view to trialling with his leagues either later in the season, or next season

g)     Lincs Ladies Leagues – Many teams want to join the East or possibly Midland Leagues to get better competition.  The problem of travel was highlighted.

h)     Agreed that Harpenden could have a postponement w/e 24 Sep due to long-standing commitment in Germany.

3.     Playing Matters

SF asked if Bedford Vets could re-arrange their match v Bedford 5th due to a Masters game on the Sunday.  Agreed they play during the midweek before the date, and the result is input on Saturday as normal.

Re-iterate that ALL teams in ALL leagues are required to give completed teamsheets to umpires before the match.  (*****can a note about this be put on the website******)

CP noted that the Stepney Green Astro (East London) was in a very poor condition when first used.  The club hope to have it improved very soon.

 

4.     Finance

New process of downloading invoices worked well. All League Entry Fees received on time, after a bit of cajoling.

 

All outstanding fines from last season paid

3 fines charged this season, 1 paid, 2 outstanding (but fines only just issued)

RP to send a copy of fine notification to be sent to all, so we all send the same paperwork.  Always copy the Budgets Officer. 

It seems we may need a new Budgets Officer.  Can we ask TW for a job description, and possibly advertise on the website.

 

5.     Umpiring

BH asked that Bev Budd be thanked for telling CHUAÕs when ERHUA umpires are not needed by East so they can be available to CHUAÕs

 

6.     Discipline

Men 244 Yellow, Women 13 Yellow.

Paul Dover (Havering) already has 3 yellows in 5 games – in view of his appalling record over many years, (suggested that RM look back through records to find the actual number of cards) possible disrepute aspect to be looked at.

3 RED cards, one may be 60 days.  (***One other will be appealed due a race issue***)

 

7.     Rules     

NTR

 

8.     Presentation Day

Review last year – Great feedback from clubs. AGM well run, food great, presentations well done.  Whilst many thought Letchworth a great location, Ford should be asked.  PS to investigate.

 

9.     Next Season - NTR

10.  East Management – NTR as RP could not attend

11.  Any Other Business

Romford are still chasing £15 from Wapping for not going back for tea.  HW to chase Wapping

 

Next Meeting Thursday 17 Jan 2013

Meeting closed 21:04!!!!!